HOVER community is provided by Hover Inc., 225 Bush St, Floor 7, San Francisco, CA 94104 (“HOVER,” “we” or “us”) and made available through technology developed and managed by Chaordix, Inc. of 400 3rd Avenue SW, Suite 3700, Calgary AB T2P 4H2, Canada (“Chaordix”).
Throughout this policy “personal data” shall refer, as applicable and unless otherwise specified, to Personal Data (as defined under Article 4(1) of the General Data Protection Regulation) or Personal Information (as defined in Section 1798.140 of the California Consumer Privacy Act) or its equivalents in other jurisdictions or data privacy laws.
HOVER respects your privacy
Notice of collection and processing of personal data
We collect personal data when voluntarily given by you for a determined purpose, for example, in the context of joining HOVER community or adding information to your HOVER community profile, interacting on HOVER community discussions and forums (including posts, answers, votes and comments), or in completing HOVER community surveys. This is not an exhaustive list of examples, but merely illustrative of the situations in which we may collect and store your personal data.
We may collect the following personal data:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law;
- Geolocation data;
- Professional or employment-related information; and
- Inferences drawn from any of the foregoing as it pertains to creating a profile the consumer’s preferences and attitudes.
Logging in through social media services
Collection of data from third parties
In addition to the sources described above, we may receive information about you from third-party sources, which we may combine with other information we receive from or about you. For example, we may receive information about you from a social media site if you connect to the HOVER community through that site or its services.
Use of first party and third party web analytics tools
In some instances we use 1st party and 3rd party tools to monitor site analytics and user behaviour.
Only authorized persons have access to this data.
Use of personal data and purpose specification
HOVER, or an approved service provider engaged by HOVER, may use your personal data collected through HOVER community for the purposes of:
- improve HOVER community or HOVER products, services, websites, marketing and processes;
- technical administration of HOVER community;
- personalizing your experience on HOVER community;
- tailoring our interactions with you;
- customer service;
- product, engagement and user surveys;
- communicating with you;
- marketing and other purposes (subject to compliance with applicable laws); or
- compliance with legal requirements
and only in the scope necessary for these purposes.
Affiliate and third party sharing
In some cases, we may use third parties (including, without limitation, Chaordix Inc.) located in the U.S., Canada or other countries to collect, use, analyze, and otherwise process data on our behalf. By providing your information and using HOVER community you consent to international transfer and processing in accordance with this policy.
We may disclose your personal data to our affiliates, suppliers, service providers, or processors, (collectively “Subprocessors”) provided such sharing is in furtherance of, and their processing is limited to, one of the stated purposes we use the personal data.
Subprocessors shall, in accordance to a written contract with HOVER, (i) be prohibited from selling personal data, and using or combining the personal data except for the purposes stated in this policy, (ii) only process the data according to instructions from us, and only for the duration specified in the written contract, and (iii) implement security and organizational measures necessary to protect the personal data.
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if HOVER or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
Except as described above or otherwise stated in this privacy statement, your individual, identifiable, personal data will not be disclosed to third parties without your consent.
Right to information and to the correction, deletion and blocking of data
Please address any questions on data protection, your personal data we have collected, exercising your rights under applicable data privacy laws, or applications for the correction, blocking or deletion of your personal data directly to the contact persons specified in HOVER community’s legal notice or by email to [email protected] with the subject line “Data inquiry.”
Any content you post, such as pictures, information, opinions, or any other type of data that is not personal data and you make available to other participants in HOVER community is not subject to this policy. We are not responsible for the security or treatment of personal data that you do not share exclusively with us or Chaordix, and that you post or otherwise share within HOVER community with other parties.
Social sharing and other interactions with social media
For information on logging in to HOVER community using a social media platform, see “Logging in through social media services” above.
HOVER community may use social media sharing buttons (“sharing buttons”) from social networks like Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Reddit and Twitter. The sharing buttons are identified with the respective social media logo or the respective suffix.
If you visit a page on HOVER community that contains such sharing buttons, you may choose to click on these sharing buttons to share information with the respective social network. We have no influence on the data that the applicable social network may collect on the basis of clicking a sharing button.
If you click on a sharing button, you establish the connection to the respective social network and declare your consent to the transmission of data to it. So long as you are logged into the social network, it can associate the visit to any page with the plugin on the HOVER community with your social network account. If you press the respective sharing button, the corresponding information may be transmitted directly to the social network by your browser and stored there.
For information about the scope and purpose of data collection, the further processing and use of the data by these social media companies and other third party services, and your rights and the settings you can configure to protect your privacy, please refer to their data protection notices and/or cookie policies.
We do not knowingly collect or use any personal data from online visitors under the age of thirteen. We do not knowingly allow visitors under the age of thirteen to participate in any promotions or contests made available on HOVER community from time to time.
Additional Rights of Data Subjects in Certain Jurisdictions
If you are a member based in California, the European Union or certain additional rights may apply to you. See further below
California Privacy Rights
This section provides additional details about the “Personal Information” (as that term is defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act, as amended (the CCPA)) we collect about California consumers and the rights afforded to them under the CCPA.
California consumers have the right to request to know more details about the categories or specific pieces of Personal Information we collect (including how we use and disclose this Personal Information), to delete their Personal Information, to opt out of any “sales” or “sharing” of Personal Information that may be occurring, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
California consumers may make a request pursuant to their rights under the CCPA by contacting us at [email protected] We will verify your request using the information associated with your account, if available, including email address. Government identification may be required. Consumers can also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on their behalf.
European Union or United Kingdom Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of the European Union or United Kingdom, you have certain data protection rights. We take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your “Personal Data” as defined under either the European Union or United Kingdom’s General Data Protection Regulation.
If you wish to be informed of what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us at [email protected] Note that where we act as the data processor on behalf of our users, you will be required to contact the data controller directly to exercise your rights.
In certain circumstances, where we act as data controller, you have the following data protection rights:
- Request access to your Personal Data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you where we are the data controller and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new information you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your Personal Data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove Personal Data when appropriate to do so. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully, or where we are required to erase your Personal Data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your Personal Data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your Personal Data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your Personal Data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the information's accuracy; (b) where our use of the information is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the information even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your information but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your Personal Data . However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your
Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at [email protected] .
You will not have to pay a fee to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Use of external links
HOVER community may contain links to third-party websites operated by providers that are not associated with HOVER or Chaordix in partnership with HOVER. After you click the link, we no longer have any influence over the collection, storage, or processing of any personal data transmitted after clicking such link, as the behavior of third parties is, by nature, beyond our control. Therefore, neither HOVER nor Chaordix in partnership with HOVER are responsible for the processing of personal data by third parties via such third party websites.
We intend to protect your personal data and to maintain its accuracy. HOVER and Chaordix in partnership with HOVER implements reasonable physical, administrative and technical safeguards to help us protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
When you provide us with personal data, we may use it to inform you about our products and services (with your prior consent) and, where applicable, to include you in surveys about them. If you no longer wish to receive email advertising from HOVER, you can revoke your consent at any time by notifying [email protected]
Commercial Electronic Marketing List; HOVER Community Notifications
At the time you sign up for HOVER community you may choose to receive our HOVER community email newsletter, which may include commercial electronic marketing from HOVER. If you do not provide consent to receive the HOVER community email newsletter at the time you sign up, you may still opt to receive it by updating your email preferences in your HOVER community profile. If you do not wish to receive the HOVER community email newsletter, you can revoke your consent at any time by updating your preferences in HOVER community.
HOVER community can provide you notifications for community activity, activity relating to your posts or activity related to other posts. If you do not wish to receive these notifications, you can go to https://community.hover.to/notifications and update your preferences.
The effective date of this privacy statement is September 13, 2021.
Last modified: September 13, 2021
To obtain more information or to submit suggestions or complaints regarding the processing of your personal data, you can contact us at [email protected]
If you have a question, comment or suggestion about the technology of HOVER community, you can contact Chaordix at [email protected]